C# Headers Main Thread

L B

Because the .NET framework uses a method similar to this one. For instance, if you want to create a Bitmap object, you don't use "new Bitmap("test.bmp");". You use "Bitmap.FromFile("test.bmp");". Since LE loads objects and caches them, I thought using "Load" instead of "FromFile" was more appropriate.

• Upvote 2

I wish I could give rep points! This is wonderful progress Ubu, thanks for sharing your hard work. I'm going to try out v1.1 tonight.

Thanks. Wonder how you give reputation points though. Probably with some amount of post. You can always rate the post up.

I'm working on 1.2 as I write this. It's mostly boring, more boring than hard.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to try the headers, but I can't use them.

I don't know which OS you use but from the error i get i believe you use a 32 bit operating system.

As I'm using a 64bit system i'm not able to use the precompiled dll. You may need to compile the dll in native x86 mode due the 32bit engine.dll instead of

"Any CPU".

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

Last time I tried (with my own 2.28 header) i had have to recompile the assembly. Also this is no easy task for those using the express version (which only can compile to Any CPU, X86 if you hack the project file).

I have to say that i have not tried it with this header and was just assuming it from my experience with the particle editor posted which doesn't work on my x64 machines.

Sorry if i have misintepret the for me well known error message :)

• 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620

You can add the target platform without hacking the project file. You'll just need to flip some switches which are disabled by default in all Express editions. Go to:

- Tools

- Options

- Projects and Solutions

- Check "Show advanced build configurations"

Now right-click on your solution and go to the "Configuration manager". Under "Target platform" chose "<New>" and add the x86 platform.

Then you should be good to go.

• Upvote 1

thx laurens, I'm not using the Express Versions anymore abd last time i have searched for this issue the project file thingy was the only i could found.

Also i have to apologize because it seems that the emitter editor just uses tylerH's Wrapper and not this one.

I have tested this assembly and it works very well.

Keep up the good work.

• 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620

thx laurens, I'm not using the Express Versions anymore abd last time i have searched for this issue the project file thingy was the only i could found.

Also i have to apologize because it seems that the emitter editor just uses tylerH's Wrapper and not this one.

I have tested this assembly and it works very well.

Keep up the good work.

Glad it works for you now, but remember that it most likely wouldn't without Tyler. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Wait, what did I do?

Edit: Nevermind, heh.

52t__nvidia.png nVidia 530M cpu.gif Intel Core i7 - 2.3Ghz 114229_30245_16_hardware_memory_ram_icon.png 8GB DDR3 RAM Windows7_Start.gif Windows 7 Ultimate (64x)

-----

IconVisualStudio16.png Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate google-Chrome.png Google Chrome PhotoshopLinkIndicator.png Creative Suite 5 icon28.gif FL Studio 10 MicrosoftOfficeLive.png Office 15

-----

csharp.png Expert cpp.png Professional lua_icon.png Expert BMX Programmer

-----

i-windows-live-messenger-2009.pngskype-icon16.pngaim_online.pnggmail.pngicon_48x48_prism-facebook.pngtunein-web.pngyahoo.giftwitter16.png

Because the .NET framework uses a method similar to this one. For instance, if you want to create a Bitmap object, you don't use "new Bitmap("test.bmp");". You use "Bitmap.FromFile("test.bmp");". Since LE loads objects and caches them, I thought using "Load" instead of "FromFile" was more appropriate.

Yeah it does.

image1 = new Bitmap(@"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\" 
           + @"Documents\My Music\music.bmp", true);

Not sure what you did but this works for me. I guess my point was that most of the time the constructors allow creation/loading of things. So if you wanted to follow the .NET framework way of things like this it would make sense to do this as well.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace WindowsApplication4
{
   public partial class Form1 : Form
   {
       public Form1()
       {
           InitializeComponent();
       }

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
           Bitmap bmp;

bmp = new Bitmap("C:\\Test.bmp");

}
   }
}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very Good work :)

the design looks really nice. I have 3 things I would like to see asap:

Core.GetSize needs to be:

public delegate void GetSize(ref int _width,ref int _height);

CustomBuffers are missing (I need them for a Leadwerks Gui Control)

class Buffer is colliding with System.Buffer and needs to be resolved with Leadwerks.Buffer.

My first OOP Model was based on the bmx class design to keep the source nearly identical a small class diagram:

ClassDiagram3.png

• 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620

I will implement the buffer features you requested by 1.3. However, I cannot do anything about the conflicting classes, unless you want it to be called "Leadwerks.LeadwerksBuffer". Just use the namespace prefix in the designated contexts.

i downloaded the 1.3 beta zip file. when i extracted all i got was a file with no extentsion. i tried renaming with .dll and vs2008 didn't like it as a .net dll. i even tried renaming to .cs file yet still no joy. so what type of file was it supposed to be?

Q6600, GTX 560Ti, 8GB DDR2, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

i downloaded the 1.3 beta zip file. when i extracted all i got was a file with no extentsion. i tried renaming with .dll and vs2008 didn't like it as a .net dll. i even tried renaming to .cs file yet still no joy. so what type of file was it supposed to be?

Your download seems to have corrupted. You are supposed to have a "Leadwerks.dll".

well i just redownloaded it. i still end up up with a file with no extenstion. on a side note. when i try to open the zip file with standard windows explorer (using windows 7 64bit os). it complains that it isn't a standard zip file. if i use winrar to open it. extract the following named file from it "Leadwerks C v1.3 Beta" and the zip file size is 32.1KB.

Q6600, GTX 560Ti, 8GB DDR2, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

i've downloaded and open with no problem

try using powerarchiver i dont have any problem opening any type of archiver with it

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit