Question about Filesystem

tec.imp

Hey there,

I've just wondered if it is possible to use the Leadwerks Filesystem to actually access a "virtual" file over the "abstact" protocol.

What i want to achive is to access a file within my data directory through Leadwerks API and not using the native c# FileStream classes or the like.

PS: But as far as i see there is no file object of any kind. Is this maybe a thing we could get in a next release? It would be quite nise to access a file within an archive!

Thanks in advance!

Mfg Imp

May be:

string filePath = Leadwerks.FileSystem.GetAbsolutePath("abstract::yourmodel.gmf")

It should be the absolute file path (I suspect it may run in trouble if you have more files named "youmodel.gmf" in the example, that is it may not return the path to what you expected), then you can open it with the System.IO functions.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

Thanks ZioRed for your awnser!

The thing is, i was more thinking of getting direct file access to a file within an zip archive through the Leadwerks API. I mean you can load models from a archive, why not generic files ?

Would be a nice feature to have :)

Mfg Imp

That function already works with any file types, I tried to use "mytestfile.pdb" and it worked (that file was in a zip archive).

EDIT: Oh, are you talking about working directly with the files contained in a zip archive? Well then I don't know how the engine load the files without extracting, but you can extract them or try to achieve the same result without extract.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com